How to Add a Custom Footer Menu to WordPress
This video tutorial will show you how to add a custom menu in the footer of WordPress, so that if a person has reached to bottom of the site, they can navigate to all your important pages without having to scroll back to the top of the page.
Find out where your website ranks with your chosen keywords in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
14 day free trial. No credit card required.
Though this video focuses on the TwentyTwelve theme, the principals taught can be used for most themes.
You will learn:
- Add the menu to the existing menu function using function.php
- Add the menu to the template files
- Style the menu to make it look nice
The complete course “WordPress 3: Building Child Themes” topics covered are:
- Picking a parent theme
- Creating and activating a basic WordPress child theme
- Using the developer tools
- Changing the header image size
- Using conditional statements for customized effects
- Adding custom menus to the child theme and/or a template
- Changing the default footer content
- Adding featured images to posts
- Changing the display of meta content (such as date, author, category, etc.)
- Excluding categories from the front page with custom queries
- Including functions from external files
- Identifying and fixing common mistakes
If you liked this video, how about sharing a link to our website? It will be greatly appreciated!