Sexy Silhouette in Photoshop
I made this silhouette today using a photo of a scantily clad female, and Photoshop’s pen tool and paths. I must admit, I gave her a boob job.
Find out where your website ranks with your chosen keywords in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
14 day free trial. No credit card required.
This is an excellent pen tool exercise.
- I set the photo as a background
- Used my quick selection tool to select the object.
- Created a work-flow path in the paths panel (window>paths)
- Selection does not have to be perfect because the pen tool can fix the selection
- Used the pen to, added and subtracted anchor points, relocated some, and used the selection points to make curves and get my selection the way I wanted it
- Once I had my selection the way I wanted I, ctrl > clicked (cmd >click for MACS) my work flow layer in the paths panel. This gives the marching ants selection
- I then created a new layer in the layers panel and you see the marching ants selection. If you can’t see them, turn off the background image
- Then I filled the selection with black
- Then created another layer stacked under my black fill selection layer, filled it white
- Then made a gradient mask layer and inserted in between the black selection fill layer and the white fill layer
Recommended Photoshop Courses
Let’s learn and earn money by creating a professional logo, icons, web design, business card & selling it to marketplace.
A New Vision: Making Money $$$$$ with Photoshop & Illustrator